Beiträge von Fermat

Das Problem ist nur, dass ich ständig neuen TAbak ordere. Ich habe nun schon ich weiß nicht mehr wieviel Dosen Tabak hier rumliegen und frag mich manchmal, wann soll ich das denn alles verrauchen.. Nun ja, demnächst habe ich Urlaub, dann ist mal wieder richtig Zeit für die Pfeifen.

in dem Sinne gut rauch und Grüße,

Sebastian

That's the secret of a good cellar: a compulsive buyer/taster of pipe tobacco! :D:D:D

I'm starting to make the list for the summer holidays! :D:DThat's a huge task!

Yes, I do understand you. I have opened too many tins over the years and finally had to get rid of most of them. It's just that I smoke not a lot and if you have 15 tins open, they just dry out eventually no matter what...

Actually, in my case, I think is more about being focus than about quantity. Maybe if I were more skilful or experienced I could do go through ten blends at the same time but, what for? It's fun this way!

Saludos, Gruß!

Louis

The point of departure here for me is that I don't really like to open too many tins at the same time. If I did that I will be confused, dispersed. I prefer to focus in two or three blends and finish them before opening the new ones. One of the most pleasant moments of the "pipe smoking month" for me is the day that I finally choose the tins that I will smoke the following weeks. I try to carefully select them looking for a topic or some short relationship between them. Of course, sometimes this is a risk because I have never taste many of the blends I'm going to smoke. But even the fact that they deny my assumptions is a source of fun.

So as a result of that I taste every new tobacco with almost every pipe I have. Or at least a good bunch of them. It plays on my side that I don't smoke strong aromatic blends, only things like SG Perfection or 1792 Flake. And the slight Latakia mark in my pipes is not an issue if I'm smoking a Va-Per or a Straight Va. In doing that I don't find any problem. As matter of fact I like to think that each version, every pipe offers me is equally true. I like this let-motiv. There is no privileged version of the smoking experience. Any nuance in every pipe is important, counts and belongs to the tobacco for its own right. I like the vision of tobaccos as some kind of Frankesteins made of pieces taken here and there and I like to play the game of discover the junctions.

Nevertheless I have discovered that I have pipe that I like to use the first time I smoke a new tobacco (the real new ones, those that I didn't smoke before). It's a humble pipe. I bought it in a street market at Warsaw from a complete unknown artisan and it's even not branded. It smokes so fresh and it gives the closer experience to something that I can call "original" flavour. I always discover nuances in there that I don't feel with other pipes. Maybe it's just phantasy.

Saludos, Gruß!

Louis